What are the Standards and Codes?
We drive fair customer outcomes through setting best practice standards and independent, rigorous monitoring of our registered firms’ application of the Standards and Codes for which we are responsible.
Our Standards and Codes go beyond the requirements of statutory regulation. Providing a best practice and robust framework in which to deliver good customer outcomes, in many instances where there is no other regulation or protection for consumers and SMEs, and importantly, collectively drive-up industry standards.
The LSB’s Standards and Codes cover the following areas:
- Standards of Lending Practice for personal customers
- Standards of Lending Practice for business customers (and Asset Finance)
- Contingent Reimbursement Model Code (CRM Code) for Authorised Push Payment (APP) Scams
- Access to Banking Standard
- Credit Card Market Study (CCMS) remedies
Read more about, and download, the Standards and Codes below. Registered firms can also download the Information for Practitioners and relevant Guidance. Contact our Insight & Support team for support in embedding the Standards and Codes.